Friday, August 10, 2007

CFP: "Managing Technology" Column, Journal of Academic Librarianship

CFP: "Managing Technology" Column, Journal of Academic Librarianship

For the last three years I've been writing the "Managing Technology" column for the Journal of Academic Librarianship. There are some (many?) topics I can't write about, so I'm looking to farm out a few columns to get those topics covered. Yes, there's an honorarium.

The topic areas I especially want (but I'm open to suggestions as well) are:

- networking
- software (e.g. software on public machines)
- security

I'm interested in overviews, not "how we did it." To see what the articles might look like, I've posted my preprints: http://www.kcoyle.net/jal.html

I'd like the articles to be instructional, informative, practical.

Thanks,
kc

--
-----------------------------------
Karen Coyle / Digital Library Consultant
kcoyle@kcoyle.net
http://www.kcoyle.net
ph.: 510-540-7596 skype: kcoylenet
fx.: 510-848-3913
mo.: 510-435-8234