Monday, July 30, 2012

Call for Speakers in Toledo, Ohio Area: Info Careers outside Libraries


Call for Speakers in Toledo, Ohio Area: Info Careers outside Libraries

As president of the Toledo Area Librarians Association, one of the fun things I do is put together programs for our meetings.  This fall, I would like to have a program addressing careers that utilize our skills but do not involve libraries or libraries within a larger organization.  The program I’m envisioning would involve three or four people talking about their non-library jobs and how their librarian/info pro skills are utilized.  The catch is I need to find a couple of people willing to be the speakers.  The meeting would take place around 6:00 p.m., on a date yet to be determined and located somewhere in the Toledo vicinity.  If you are interested in being a speaker, please contact me.

Once details are firmed up, I will post them to the SLA Michigan and Cleveland listservs.  Area library/information science schools will receive the details as well.

Julie Smith Maekask
Law Librarian
jsmaekask@eastmansmith.com